As a the Student Pastor I read (maybe skim is a better word as I am not much of a “reader” – although I’m trying) a lot of books and articles each week. It is a real struggle as to what I should pass on to the parents. I mean, I don’t want to be known as the “forward” king and I don’t want to send them a bunch of stuff they won’t read because really, does it really pertain to the parents and students of FSBC? But sometimes I run across something that I think I just cannot let it pass by. That’s where I am hoping this site will be incredibly helpful. Today I posted an article entitled “Preventing the Sexualization of Your Daughter.” It can be found under the Parents tab in the menu or here on the Focus on the Family website where I first read it. The articles are based on the book “5 Conversations You Must Have With Your Daughter” by Vicki Courtney. I hope that you will take the time to read the articles even if you don’t have a daughter. There is great insight and wisdom for raising boys as well.
- https://t.co/rcHQy3PyQS 1 week ago
- "The goal isn't to just make good kids that behave. It's to raise kids that imitate Christ." Alden Schoeneberg @alden_t910 1 week ago
- My wife decided to wash my mowing hat. Now, after washing it, she thinks I need to throw it away. I don't see the p… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 2 weeks ago
- blogs.thegospelcoalition.org/kevindeyoung/2… 2 weeks ago
- This is what they do in Lawrence for KU with leftover 4th of July Rice Krispies... https://t.co/0P5MPPzlYD 1 month ago