As a the Student Pastor I read (maybe skim is a better word as I am not much of a “reader” – although I’m trying) a lot of books and articles each week. It is a real struggle as to what I should pass on to the parents. I mean, I don’t want to be known as the “forward” king and I don’t want to send them a bunch of stuff they won’t read because really, does it really pertain to the parents and students of FSBC? But sometimes I run across something that I think I just cannot let it pass by. That’s where I am hoping this site will be incredibly helpful. Today I posted an article entitled “Preventing the Sexualization of Your Daughter.” It can be found under the Parents tab in the menu or here on the Focus on the Family website where I first read it. The articles are based on the book “5 Conversations You Must Have With Your Daughter” by Vicki Courtney. I hope that you will take the time to read the articles even if you don’t have a daughter. There is great insight and wisdom for raising boys as well.
- Corah's Journey: Check out Corah's latest blog post here: On The Road Again… #corahsjourney caringbridge.org/visit/babygirl… 1 day ago
- The more I drive in Texas, the more I wonder if the speed limit isn’t really just a suggestion as opposed to a law… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 day ago
- youtube.com/watch?v=Zyhf2D… 1 week ago
- “Christians of all people should be the least inclined to treat temporal political allegiances as ultimate. We shou… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 week ago
- Note to self: Watch what you're doing with both hands while working around an electric fence and metal poles... 2 weeks ago